The services that we provide
The practice provides a full and comprehensive range of general medical services across a spectrum from management of illness episodes and minor trauma, to advice on maintaining your health, and all areas in between.
Some of the services currently provided include:
- Audiometry screening to test your hearing
- Blood Pressure (BP) checks including 24 hour testing (Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring). As many as 20% of people thought to have high blood pressure, have normal readings once they leave the doctors surgery. This syndrome is called “white coat hypertension” and is due to the anxiety associated with having your blood pressure taken. Wearing a BP monitor for 24 hours can easily establish the true picture. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring will also help determine the degree of risk your blood pressure is causing and help decide whether or not you need drug therapy.
- Blood testing (Phlebotomy) including Warfarin Clinics
- Cardiac (Heart) checks including ECG and Holter Monitoring.
- Cervical Screening and Smear
- Cryotherapy is a well established method of removing a variety of unwanted skin lesions including warts. It involves the use of liquid nitrogen which when applied to certain skin lesions “freezes” them off. Cryotherapy is carried out by our practice nurse
- Comprehensive Family Planning and contraceptive options,
- Dxa Scanning for osteoporosis
- Dedicated clinics for Diabetes and Asthma.
- Driving Licence Medicals and Eyesight testing
- Ear syringing
- Childhood and adult immunisations
- Heartwatch: For patients who have suffered a heart attack or who have undergone bypass surgery or an angioplasty we offer regular checkups under the Heartwatch programme. This national programme aims to reduce the risk of further heart disease and will involve four visits per year to our practice nurse.
- Health Checks ups (Routine)
- Lung Function testing including Spirometry
- Medicals for Employment.
- Minor surgical procedures for removal of skin moles, cysts and warts, ingrown toe nails, eye cysts etc Many skin lesions can be safely and efficiently removed in General Practice thereby avoiding the delay and inconvenience usually associated with attending hospital. Some of these procedures are covered by VHI, BUPA and other health insurance providers. Please make a general appointment first with the Dr or Nurse so we can assess whether or not your lesion is suitable for removal.
- Pregnancy, antenatal and postnatal care,
- Radiolase for minor surgery
- Smoking Cessation advice
- Terminal Care at home
- Travel vaccinations
- Ultrasound Scanning (in specific circumstances)
Some services are free to all patients eg maternity and antenatal care, childhood immunisations and some procedures for medical card (GMS) patients. Other services are subject to a charge for all patients eg routine Health Check ups and Minor surgery. Some services and procedures are covered by private medical insurance. Please ask at reception if you need clarification on possible costs. See latest news re charges.